Follow these guidelines for proper fire pit and chiminea use:
- Always have a fire extinguisher available
- Burn clean fire wood
- Burning of trash, leaves, construction debris and other refuse is prohibited by law
- Devices are for outside use only
- Devices are to be operated by an adult
- Devices should be placed and operated away from buildings and other combustible objects or structures.
- Devices should not be used on decks or porches.
- If devices produce too much smoke and is deemed a nuisance by the Fire Department, the Fire Department can order the fire to be extinguished.
- Keep small children and pets away